The Masonry Contractors Association of Central Pennsylvania, a not-for-profit organization of union masonry contractors and supplier members, has been serving the Pennsylvania masonry industry since 1959. Founded primarily to provide a negotiating and promotional arm for masonry construction in 33 counties of Central Pennsylvania, that goal remains today! The MCACP exists to promote the use of masonry products as a wall system, promote masonry as a career choice and to foster good business practices. The benefits are far-reaching and long lasting.
The purpose of the group is to develop and improve the masonry industry in the region by:
- Developing and fostering fair dealings and a high standard of business ethics among those engaged in masonry construction.
- Improving the character of work done and labor employed.
- Encouraging and aiding in the education of apprentices and the cross-training of journey workers in the masonry construction industry.
- Contributing to the advancement of the industry in all its branches by better public service.
- Promoting the use of masonry as a premier building material.
- Generally encouraging a movement to build with brick, block, stone, marble, tile, terrazzo, and other durable masonry products that provide superior longevity in construction design.